What I like to read and see

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Hello my name is .... and I am addicted to food

I figured out yesterday something I have known for a long time but have not wanted to admit it. (Mmm as I roll my eyes at myself.) I am addicted to food. I want food it doesn’t matter if I am hungry or not. It is the act of eating, putting it in my mouth feeling the texture, the taste ooooooo, the smell. Have you ever really just felt at home when you are eating something? Food can take me back to when I was a kid, or when I was happier, when I was thinner. The bad thing about admitting to this is I love to cook and bake it is my most favorite thing to do for myself. It gives me purpose in my house, my kids brag about my food and that makes my heart swell with laughter and happiness when they ask for more.


So what do I do?

This is my 2nd round of WW just like you I have tried all the get skinny quick gimmicks. The first time it took off enough weight for me to go to Vegas with my husband and beautiful friend and her husband. We had great fun but I was still very aware of my body being bigger than what I want. Depending on what I am doing and who I am with I either think like SHALLOW HAL or that I am a beached whale. Have you seen that movie? Where he sees all the women beautiful, skinny, and happy? I’ve got the happy most of the time. I am a mom and a wife so it can’t be 100% let’s get real.

Here is my goal……. Work out 2x a week this week and up it as we go, walk the dogs with my kids 3x a week or more depending on practice schedules, stop eating unless I am hungry.

I will let you know how I do. It is Wed 01/11/12 hopefully I can finish out the week with a bang.

No comments:

Post a Comment