What I like to read and see

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Something from yesterday

After I wrote yesterdays blog I went to "Chatting at the sky" a blog I read every now and then.  This is part of what she had to say. 



Wow I think I was one of the people that God had in mind when she was writing this. :) Crazy how I don't know this person from Adam, I stumbled across her blog and I liked it. Started following it and go to it maybe once a month.  I went to it about an hour after I submitted my post yesterday.  mmmmmmm
chattingatthesky.com

But you smile in spite of yourself, because they are kids after all. And you consider your goals, how maybe the goal you thought you wanted isn’t the best goal after all, that your heart and efforts may be better spent enjoying the process, the humor, and the life rather than constantly reaching for the future, the dream, the clean.


Pretend spoons never get dirty. And it isn’t a mistake to bring your bathing suit to Hollywood, exactly. But real dreams take real work, and to keep them neat and tidy is a mistake, I think. Making your dreams come true isn’t always so dreamy. And it’s always good to remember the most important thing.


“My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the LORD, “And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine.” – Isaiah 55:8


Surely that applies to everything – to the everyday things of mothering and loving and to the someday things of maybe and impossible. When we begin to realize our dreams and we discover they are nothing like we thought, remember the ways of the Dream-Maker are different. And that dreams have nuts and bolts, too. If they didn’t, then surely they would fall apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment