What I like to read and see

Monday, June 28, 2010

I was reading on a fitness website and I thought this was kinda cool. SO I copied it. IT Does NOT mean you get to go slow all the time but maybe 2 times a week or once a week the point of this is.  CHANGE IT UP!! I need to loose 50Ibs MY GOAL is to have it off by December. I am going to really try and use this as my motivator to get going.  I have three friends that are in the same sinking boat with me (because we are overweight and sinking the dingy) and we are going to start a serious, go get em, no holds bars, hot mama, work out as soon as one of them is recovered.  I believe that two are better than one and three are better than 2 and four holy moly look out.

Again I hope this helps you and am crossing my fingers that it helps me.  I bought the cutes black dress yesterday and what does it show my back fat ooooo Gross

your weight challenged friend


(what I copied from the fitness website) Short workouts are convenient, but your body is smarter than that; it actually gets used to your routines. So, if you do 20 minutes on the stair climber every day, your body only cares about the first two weeks. After that, you’re basically climbing stairs for no reason while your body laughs at you.

The solution: switch it up.

I’m sure you’ve heard that slow and steady wins the race. Which race? Not sure: but it’s a great way to fool your body into working harder (and not laughing at you).

Rather than running for 20 minutes, walk super slowly for an hour. Call a friend, chat it up, and bide your time on the treadmill. Sure, there are people waiting, but who cares? Unless it’s me; in which case, hurry up.

If you’re into heavy lifting, switch to light weights for a few days. Your muscles are easily confused, and changing your workout will actually build more muscle in the long run—unless I’m waiting for the 5lb dumbbells; in which case, hurry up.

You know how you’re super cool because you can do 30 leg presses at 200 lbs? What if, instead, you did 200 leg presses at 30 lbs? Then your leg muscles would be more toned, you’d take forever, and I’d tell you to hurry up.

I love long workouts because they help me relax. I focus on not falling, and my mind is inordinately clear. I hope it works for you, too.

Richy T

2 comments:

  1. The back fat is your imagination. The dress was stinkin cute on both of us!! But, imagine when we lose that 50lbs!!!

    ReplyDelete